If you are planning to visit Qatar, or are already there and want to extend your current visa, you can check your visa status in several ways. The first method is through the Qatar e-services portal on the Ministry of Interior website. We will explain this to you in further detail below. This is a quick way of checking whether a visa has been approved, but it does not show how long it will be valid.
The second method involves sending requests directly to the Embassy/Consulate offices in Doha (for example, if there is an office that deals with UAE visas only. For other embassies/consulates) and this can take up to 5 days to process payments. You might also check with a travel agency or consulate in your country. That can help you obtain a visa directly from Qatari authorities if required.
- Visit the Qatar e-Government Portal (https://www.qatar.gov.qa/)
- Click on the “Visa Services” tab located on the top menu
- Click on the “Visa Inquiry” tab
- Select the “Visa No.” option and enter your visa number in the field provided
- Enter your date of birth and passport number
- Solve the CAPTCHA code to verify that you are a human
- Click on the “Search” button
You should now be able to see the status of your Qatar visa. If it is approved, it will typically say “Visa is Issued.” In case it is still being processed, it may say “Under Process” or something similar. If your visa has been rejected, it will say “Visa Rejected.”
Keep in mind that the processing time for a Qatar visa can vary, so it is important to be patient and wait for official confirmation from the government.